Out of 100 people who start working at age 25, by age 65:
– 1% are wealthy.
– 4% have adequate capital for retirement.
– 3% are still working.
– 63% are dependent on social security, friends, relatives or charity.
– 29% are dead.
Scary isn’t it? And interestingly, most people spend their lives pursuing the “40 year plan” without much thought into its validity. If you were told at the beginning of your career that the 40 year plan would find you sitting ‘comfortably’ amongst the 63%, would you have bought into that plan?? Probably not. However, most people don’t question the merits of working for a corporation but it’s natural for them to question network marketing. When network marketing is a legitimate means for ordinary people to earn extraordinary incomes and become part of the 1% simply by following a “4 year plan”, then where is the logic behind their skepticism?
It is clear that the majority thinking needs to change and that change is happening right now, albeit a little slowly, and the process of education can start now by looking at some of the benefits of a ‘network marketing 4 year plan’ versus a ‘corporate 40 year plan’:
– A network marketing business allows you to start building a part-time income around your existing commitments. An advantage of which is that you continue earning an income whilst training in your new industry.
– When profits from your business double what you’re earning in your job (and this may take only a year depending on your wage), you can move into your network marketing business full-time.
– From here you really start to reap the rewards of running a network marketing business. You can choose your own working hours and have the freedom to spend time doing what you want with whoever you want whenever you want! Now that’s a powerful way to live!
– Of course it takes a lot of hard work but if you’re willing to put in the required effort you can develop your business into a full-time career with unlimited earning potential. When the residual income kicks in, that’s when you really experience the full potential of network marketing and you can start building a financial wall around your family.
– Monetary reward aside, if you’re the kind of person who wants to be the best they can possibly be in this life, then you will embrace the personal development aspect of network marketing where various tools are used to help you become someone worthy of the income you will earn and someone deserving of the many benefits this industry offers. It’s a wonderful and exciting journey of self improvement.
So…now you understand the benefits, do you know what to look for in a network marketing company? Here’s some things you need to think about:
The company: You want to find a company that has a solid financial base and which has survived the dreaded start-up phase where 90% of all network marketing companies go bust. They should have a successful track record in network marketing and, while it’s best to avoid the new network marketing opportunities for the above reasons, you should look for a company that is continuously improving and updating its product range and branching into new markets/countries for continued growth potential.
The Product: You need to find a product that is consumable. If a product does not have ‘legs’ (i.e. the ability to walk off the shelf without continued promotion) then you risk no repeat customers and no residual income. The product should be unique, affordable, of the highest quality and you should have no problem using and recommending it to others. A love for, and strong belief in, the product through consistent personal use, means you will genuinely sell the product to others making your job a whole lot easier which is particularly important, especially if you’ve never sold anything before.
The Compensation Plan: Many people look only at the compensation plan as a deciding factor, however, this isn’t the only thing that matters. The products are all important. What’s the use of a compensation plan that gives back 75% of company profits to the Distributor if the product doesn’t sell? It’s far better to find a company with a lesser compensation plan and consumable products that sell themselves.
Network marketing is a truly special opportunity for ordinary people who possess an unshakeable will to succeed. It has the potential to completely change the course of your life – both financially and emotionally.
If you’ve been thinking about making a change then don’t get caught up by the law of diminishing intent…where the longer you leave it before starting something, the less likely you are to start it. Get SERIOUS and start the process today!